A possible cause of this error is the existence of the Web Filtering driver which may be incompatible with software, antivirus, or 3rd party SSL Certificates that are installed on your PC. The Web Filtering driver is installed on your PC when Webmails monitoring is enabled in the “Emails” section of the monitoring profile. Also, it is installed if you have enabled any "Behavior Rule" that blocks access to websites.
When Webmails monitoring is enabled in the “Emails” section of the monitoring profile.
To disable Webmail Monitoring:
- Navigate to the “System” - “Monitoring Profiles” tab located on the left-handed side of your screen.
- Click on the name of the monitoring profile that is being used for monitoring the needed user.
- Find the “Emails” tab, and make sure that “Webmail monitoring” is not ticked.
- You may also disable the monitoring of “Emails” entirely by removing the tick next to “Emails.”
When an enabled “Behavior Rule” is set to block access to certain or all websites.
To disable such rules, please follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the “Behavior” - “Rules” tab located on the left-handed side of your screen.
- Select the rules which have “Visit website” under the “EVENT” tab, as well as "Block" under the "Action" tab.
- Click on the orange “Actions” button, and select “Disable” from the list.